Friday, October 8, 2010

100% Satisfaction Guaranteed?

This week I wanted to switch up what I was blogging about.  After interviewing the two previous students on my blog, I was curious to look up if people are actually satisfied with their tattoos.  I did some research on this topic and I found that about 20% of people are dissatisfied with their tattoos, but only about 6% actually get their tattoos removed.  There are a number of reasons why people have chosen to get tattoos such as embarrassment, lowering of body image, and changing a job or career, to name a few.  I am not surprised about the percentage of people who are dissatisfied with their tattoos because it seems like some people get their tattoos without not much thought put into it.  Also, there are occupations that do not allow it or frown upon hiring people with tattoos.  I believe if someone gets a tattoo, or if I eventually get one, it needs to be very meaningful.  If people thought about their tattoos more and the location of those tattoos, the percentage of people who are displeased could go down.  Here I posted a youtube of strange tattoos that are over the top examples of people not thinking before getting tattoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment